Tips regarding how to install a garage door opener
Replacing a malfunctioning a garage door opener is surely not the ‘DIY mastery’ stuff rather, you need a garage door mastermind to fix this problem. However, being the service seeker you are likely to wander how to install a garage door opener or how the experts conduct the entire process, right? Well, the passages attached below can help you to check this out in a concise manner.
Garage door opener installation tips that experts follow
The points attached below can help you to learn the tips that the experts follow for safer and easier garage door opener installation. And of course, you should not miss them because you are not going to find them in any garage door instruction manual!
- Make sure that all the other garage door parts are working – The garage door is running slow or making noise doesn’t mean that the problem is only with the garage door opener. The broken or malfunctioning rollers or brackets might be responsible for the problem. Also, there might be something wrong with the torsion spring.
- Is the door balance ok? – If the garage door lacks proper balance, your garage door can’t perform smoothly. There might be something wrong with the torsion spring too. According to the experts, these malfunctioning parts need to be adjusted or replaced if necessary.
- Pick the right garage door opener – The professional garage door service providers can help you to select the right garage door opener. Choose 1/3 or ½ hp opener for a single garage door. Pick ½ hp for a double door and ¾ hp for garage doors with wooden or faux overlay. Also, garage door openers are available with a screw drive, a chain drive or a belt drive. Chain drives are loud and less expensive while the belt drives are the quietest and these are the best choices in the residential garage doors.
- Place the garage door opener on a ladder for easy installation – After assembling the opener set in on the ladder so that it stays on position. Keep the door open at the time of installing a garage door opener as thus, it will be easier to align the device. For any relevant query, Visit our ‘Contact Us’ page.
- Use the heavy duty angle iron – Angle iron results in stronger installation and reduces vibration expanding its performance and lifespan.
- Replacing all the relevant devices – The new photo eyes are designed to work with the new opener and therefore, replace the entire set of the opener and install the new set. Otherwise there, will be functional problems.
- Check the opening force – Well, this is an effective safety feature. The experts make sure that your door doesn’t have more than 5lbs.
- Tuning the opening and closing force – Making small adjustments for opening and closing of the garage door is important for the sake of safety.
At Supreme Garage Door, we are going to provide you with amazing garage door services. For any queries regarding how to install a garage door opener, feel free to contact us.