Are you wondering what is a high lift garage door? Well, it is a type of door that allows operating from a higher position. It gives you more space inside your garage so let’s suppose you have a high ceiling of almost about ten feet which is enough to accommodate two cars. Usually, you can park one car inside your garage since the standard length of a door is about seven to eight-foot. In this situation, you can extend the space by lifting the door up. If you install a nine-foot door, it will be enough to allow two cars to be parked inside your garage. Isn’t that a win-win situation, right?
But do you necessarily require a replacement? You don’t. Instead, you can opt for garage door modification!
High Lift Garage Door Installation – Conditions
Let’s discuss some of the conditions where you can opt for a high lift garage door installation.
- High garage ceiling: For instance, you have a high garage ceiling, but a shorter door. Half of its space stays unused. Now if you want to utilize that, you can modify the garage door by extending its limit
- High-lift car services: If you are using your garage for storage purposes, you can opt for a high lift garage door installation. If you are a car mechanic, who provides services which require lifting the car, you will need a high lift garage door
High Lift Garage Door Installation Benefits
- Utilize the space: You can utilize the remaining area by lifting the door up. It is an amazing opportunity for you if you have a high roof. Normally, your eight-foot garage door cannot accommodate two cars (one over the other). It would be great if you utilize the space to make the most out of it
- Commercial car parking: If you have bought a commercial plot where you want to build an office. Or, you have a high roof ceiling at your office and need more car space then you can opt for high lift garage door installation. Most employees often travel in their own cars and because of this you may require more space to accommodate the parking. If you have limited space, you can utilize the additional space. High lift garage door installation seems a perfect option for this problem
- Protect your cars: Have you recently bought a new car and you don’t have enough space in your garage to accommodate another car? On the contrary, parking your car outside makes it prone to dents, scratches and damage due to harsh weather. But you don’t need to worry! With assistance from Supreme Garage Door, you can have the door extended and you can use the space to park your new car too
- Car service: If you provide car services, it would be best to use a high lift garage door. This will make running the operations easier for you
- Save money: You don’t need to spend additional bucks on acquiring more space for a garage. Instead, high lift garage door installation will help you out in this scenario. All you need to do is to modify the existing door
High Lift Garage Door Installation – How Does It Work?
We told you that you would need a garage door modification. But how does the mechanism work? It is relatively easy. At Supreme Garage Door, we replace the existing tracks, cables, wires, drums with the new ones, keeping the existing garage door. It sounds cost-effective, doesn’t it?
All you need to make sure is that you have an additional foot space, i.e., between the tracks and the ceilings. For example, if the height of the ceiling or roof of the garage is about 10-foot, we can install a 9-foot door, leaving distance of a foot between the ceiling and the desired spot. It is a mandatory arrangement.
High Lift Garage Door Installation – Who Should Be Contacted?
There are hundreds of tutorials on how-to-do videos all over the internet. However, it is not recommended that you try the DIY method.
Garage doors have torsion springs or extension springs, which are not easy to replace. The door might even slip since it is heavy. DIY projects have a relatively high risk of injury than seeking help from professionals. If you are not a professional mechanic, it is recommended to refrain from DIY ideas. An expert will be able to perform the same task using safer practices. They will also help you save time and ensure that the garage door functions smoothly.
Supreme Garage Door – Garage Door Service In Texas:
Supreme Garage Door in Texas is a highly reputed organization which provides garage door services. We have years of experience which makes us reliable. Besides, we have a record of maintaining 100% customer satisfaction.
Call our representatives for a free consultation!